Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Booklover – John Aiken
From the Herald on Sunday 21 March 2010


Psychologist John Aiken is the author of Accidentally Single (Penguin, $30)

The book I love most is.
..In God's Name  by David Yallop. He's an amazing investigative writer who takes on the Vatican and looks to prove that Pope John Paul 1st was murdered in 1978, only 33 days after his election. I was engrossed in it and loved his style of writing and the factual content throughout. I've since read a number of his other books, but this one has always stayed with me.

The book I'm reading right now is
...Slash the autobiography of the guitarist from Guns and Roses. I grew up with an older brother who was a heavy metal guitarist so he got me into that type of music.  I've always loved the band, and the way Slash played the guitar. This book gives great insight into the decadence of his time at the top, his addictions with alcohol and drugs, and his drive to play with his own style without conforming to other guitarists at the time. Can't put it down!

No comments: