Wednesday, June 18, 2008


JANET FRAME'S TOWARDS ANOTHER SUMMER.

A hardback edition, pubished by Virago to be released in the UK & Canada on July 3rd has a different cover image (pic left) to that used in this part of the world and I must say I find it most appealing.
It's interesting to compare the three English language covers so far. And US rights to the title have just been sold so no doubt we will see a fourth cover in due course.
The Random House Australia cover is below left, while the Random House NZ cover is below right.
I love the Virago cover endorsement by Alice Sebold:
'In this deeply personal novel of exile and loneliness, Janet Frame proves the master of nostalgia, beauty, and loss.Frame is, and will remain, divine'
The Bookman is right with you there Alice!





1 comment:

Kerryn Angell said...

I think all the covers are beautiful but I like the NZ cover best. I think the contrast and symmetry is very striking.