Wednesday, September 19, 2007


YAY, THE NEW YORKER SEPTEMBER 17

Always much excitement when the latest issue hits my post office box and today's proved especially interesting because stapled inside it was the programme guide for The New Yorker Festival October 5 6 7

I took one look at the lineup of authors - Zadie Smith, Annie Proulx, Paul Theroux, Jonathan Franzen, Ann Beattie, Salman Rushdie, Colin Toibin, Norman Mailer,Martin Amis, Seymour Hersh and many others as well - and thought to myself that is the weekend before I go to London to attend the Man Booker Prize Gala Dinner. Mmm, perhaps I could leave 5 days earlier and go via NY. After a pleasant hour or so of fantasizing about being there common sense prevailed and I decided to stick to my original plans! Oh well.....another year perhaps.

There is within the programme guide a whole page ad headed The New Yorker Festival Online.

And this is how it reads:

Your virtual front-row seat to sold out events. newyorker.com

This fall, experience the Festival's most in-demand events, including those that may have sold out in minutes. The New Yorker Festival's online coverage is just the ticket for readers everywhere.

Select events will be available for viewing at newyorker.com. For event abnnouncements and Web schedules, visit festival.newyorker.com and sign up for Festival Wire.

At the time of writing I couldn't get through to the last mentioned website. Will check again later.

No comments: